Friday, March 12, 2010

Overwhelmed

Doesn't life just get to you sometimes. I've never been pessimist, but as I continue to unfold the pages back, things here in the USA are not so good. Everything boils down to money. I GET IT! But there has to be others out there that truly just want to help, like me. There are so many roadblocks you hit in the US, it's so easy to give in Peru.
Eventhough last night I took my own advice at MedZou. There was a couple from Hong Kong, China with their translator coming in for medical help. I gave a big smile and said, Ni Hao, as in 'Ni hao, Kai-lan'. For those who do not have kids, it's a Nick Jr. show similar to 'Dora the Explorer' except it teaches Mandarian. They were shocked because they thought I was fluent in Mandarian, I told them I wasn't, but the smiles I received was worth it. The translator expressed their gratitude because it made them think of home.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that you just jumped over one of life's money roadblocks. The persuit of money will continue to drive decisions, however, it is up to the individual to choose whether or not to make a moment in life not about money. You were able to make this couple feel at home, and really, isn't home where the heart is?

    ReplyDelete